One step closer to being an adult

by - Wednesday, August 12, 2015

I didn't plan to have this as the first post for my blog, but what do you know. Life is unpredictable and just as soon as I thought to write something for my blog, this happened.

You know when you were a teenager, how you wish you had your own credit/ debit card. Yeah, it's like a step of you becoming an adult, legit one.

So, few days ago everyday went how it normally would and today I found out my debit card is GONE. Did I panic? Hell yeah! It wasn't in my wallet, I was in class and I thought, "Okay, chill, everything is gonna be fine." I went home and look for my debit card, here, there, literally everywhere (the dustbin in my room, fridge, etc.) and it's nowhere to be found. THIS IS NO FINE NO MORE!



I checked my online account, no money was lost and, of course, I feel a teeny tiny bit at ease. I walked down from my apartment to go to the bank, waiting for my turn, still frustrated and I was then told that I'll be charged 5 dollars and I thought, "Yeah, alright, 5 dollars it is then." I nodded my head as the person told me to stand there and wait for a moment.

After a minute, she came back and told me, "I'm sorry, but yours is a different kind of card and you'll be charged 20 dollars for a replacement card." She forced a smile on her face and asked me, "You sure you want a replacement card?"


I stood there, at that moment it seems like time had stopped. I don't know about you, but 20 dollars is kind of a huge deal for me because I could eat something nice with that money. In my mind, I was thinking, "You fucked up and now you have to pay, great." I nodded my head and waited for another few minutes, sign the paper and then she told me "The card will be sent in 7 working days." And I was like, alright, I'm done with this shit, but no! That's not all! "You also have to call in to stop your card personally." EXCUSE MOI? I thought the whole purpose of coming to the bank and report my lost card is already devastating enough and now I've to call and stop the card myself? Great, just great.


I guess there's a first time for everything, I'm a huge introvert so when it comes to having to call for delivery or any other stuff that include having to talk to a complete stranger on the phone stresses me out big time. I called, so many feelings running over me like a tsunami and at first, I was asked questions to verify my identity and then the call got transferred to another person, the guy told me that I'll not be charged a single cent and it'll be sent in 5 days. I WAS RELIEVED! I thanked him and immediately ended the call.


Now, the only problem is I've to wait for 5 days and I only got 22 dollars on me. How am I gonna survive for this 5 days, don't ask me I've no idea either, but all in all, I'm just glad I'll not be charged for the replacement card. This is one life experience that I'll not and shan't forget.

You May Also Like

0 comments