Althea Review: Mini Haul

by - Monday, August 31, 2015


  1. Nature Republic Skin Smoothing 3 Step Nose Pack Sheet
  2. Etude House CC Cream #2 Glow
  3. Banila Co. It Radiant CC Cream
  4. Petitfee Black Pearl and Gold Hydrogel Eye Patch
  5. Petitfee Gold & EGF Eye & Spot Patch
Korean skin care and cosmetics are the "thing" that has been going around for some time now, and you can see countless of Korean cosmetic/ skin care stores in Malaysia but unfortunately, the price got marked up twice when it's being sold in a physical store. I found out about this online store through my cousin and while I was browsing the site, like a million times because I doubt the authenticity of the product, I've finally came to the decision of getting a few items to test it out.


PRICING:

In the very beginning, after seeing the price of the items sold in the site, I doubt its authenticity, but again, I knew the price of those products aren't the same as it is that's being sold in the stores in Malaysia. Besides, the creator of this online store had stated that his purpose of opening this online beauty store is to make k-beauty products more accessible to those who live outside of Korea. Oh! And there's the ACTIVE DEAL section, where deals such as; buy 1 free 1 or price reduction on certain items.

PACKAGING:



When I received the parcel, it's wrapped in a pink plastic envelope bag, which got dirtied. I was expecting it to be nice and clean, but... I guess as long as the things inside of the box is fine, I'm good. Once I open it up, I see the light pink box being wrapped with a piece of bubble wrap. All the items inside the box were wrapped with bubble wrap as well and beneath those products was filled with small pieces of pink tracing paper.

SHIPPING + DELIVERY

The cost of the shipping depends on the weight of the parcel, but while I was browsing on the online store, there's a promotion going on, by spending RM150 or above there'll be free shipping and I thought, why not, I might as well buy that much and get free shipping rather than paying that extra for nothing, but shipping itself. Tracking number was also provided to check the status (which is quite in detail) instead of checking the order status on the site that just says "processing/ delivered", which is another plus 1 for me.

RATING:

Will I be buying from Althea again? Definitely! The only downside of it is that there's not much variety of products, but since Althea is fairly new, I guess I could expect seeing more new items being available in the near future? Will be keeping my fingers crossed.

The one thing that I'm really curious about is that when the package was its way to my house, will it be exposed to heat? Because, after all it's cosmetic/ skin care we're buying and it could affect the products if it's exposed to heat.

You May Also Like

0 comments