ZALORA Malaysia: First Time Buyer Review

by - Wednesday, October 21, 2015



Zalora is a famous online fashion store in Malaysia, my cousin had bought things from there and I've read a few good reviews about it but never thought of giving it a try. It was then I received a newsletter from them saying that they're offering free shipping for any purchase on that day. I immediately went to the site and these two items caught my eyes, not to mention it was cheap too, so I thought, "Hey, I should definitely get these!"

And now I'm sitting at a corner typing this post, oh how I hate myself for giving in to those offers because the things I got is just not what I've expected. Let's start with the flats, shall we? I measured the length of my feet, in the chart it says that I'm a 38 EU size, but it's not accurate at all because I need a size bigger. That's not the real problem actually, when I tried on the shoes, the back of my ankles hurts; the material being used for the flats are just not comfortable and it's without a doubt that wearing this pair of shoes could cause blisters and that's why I'm returning these instead of exchanging it to a size larger.

Moving on to the basic camis I got is just simply awful. I don't blame Zalora for this since it's my mistake for not bothering to look at the fabric that's being used to make these camis—which is Polyblend if any of you are curious about it. For its quality, it definitely doesn't match up to its price, it should be sold for the price of RM10 or below, anything beyond that is insane when I could get the same looking but better quality with stretchability and elasticity camis in Forever 21 with that same amount of money.



The items that I've ordered stated that it'll take 1-3 days to arrive, but instead it took them 5 days, weekend excluded, for it to reach my hands. It's quite a letdown, they shouldn't have stated that on the site if they're unable to deliver it in time, but the payment method covered that disappointment I had towards the unpunctual delivery, which is the cash on delivery payment method (for certain postal codes only). Where I don't have to pay beforehand and get all worry about what if it got lost in the middle of the delivery. I absolutely love that they provide free return shipping to the customers by including the paid POS LAJU slip—with their information all filled out—in the parcel.

The customer service is, by far, satisfactory. I sent my inquiry and gotten a reply in 20 minutes, I was surprised, really. Wasn't expecting to get a reply this fast from them, for that I give them a +1. There are 3 refund methods which are store credit, credit card, and bank transfer; for store credit, it'll only take 2 days for the refund to be done whereas the other 2 options will take 14 days. Now that I've submitted the refund form to them and am currently waiting for approval so that I can proceed to sending the items back to them. Hopefully, they'll pay me back in 14 days just like they've said.
Will I be buying from Zalora again? Probably not, because the clothing brands they cater are not really to my liking.

RATING:

UPDATE: 12 JANUARY 16

This is a rather late update because I've been having trouble dealing with them. So, in the end, I didn't get my refund, instead days later, I found that the RM56.90 is given back to me in store credit form.

Alright, so what's done is done, I decided to spend that credit and never will I have to deal with them ever again. Did it go as I've planned? Nope, no. I let my mom order what she wanted from the site on 12/12/15 and it just so happened that I didn't receive the package when it has been delivered for 3 times--which I think it's a lie, because there are days I was at home from morning till night, and I was ABSOLUTELY SURE I was home for the entire day for the second attempt of delivering the package, the courier service they use is just simply awful!

On 24th of January, I then received an e-mail from them saying that I'll get my credit back, so I ordered another dress for my mom and request that the remaining amount to be used on the newest order (since I haven't received the credit back yet). The next day, I was told that the order is not canceled and I'll not receive my credits back. SAY WHAT NOW? Yesterday, I was told that I'll get a refund and then the next day I get an e-mail saying the order is actually not canceled. I replied, two days passed, no reply from them as I sent another e-mail asking them about the status of my order, a day passed, still, no reply.

At this point, I was already beyond furious! Like, what the hell is wrong with their customer service? I know it takes some time to check, but by choosing to ignore the customer is just really unprofessional and rude. So on the 8th, I decided to send them a new email to their customer service, saying that I've been waiting for days and that I've gotten no reply. The next day I finally got a reply from them saying that they are very sorry blah, blah, blah... Gave me a 15% code, and asked me to wait for another 1 to 2 working days for them to get back to me. I honestly, don't want that damn discount code, all I wanted in the first place was to have my money back, and now I'm still waiting... It's the 2nd day already, and I haven't gotten any reply from them yet.

You May Also Like

0 comments